Limited Time Offer: 50% OFF + WORLDWIDE SHIPPING
- A Beautiful Keepsake For Your Little One
- Non Toxic & Non-Allergenic
- 100% Biodegradable
- This kit contains the materials to do 1 complete casting. The materials in 1 (one) kit will accommodate a foot up to approximately an infant shoe size 3 and/or an infant hand up to approximately 12 months of age
- This makes the perfect gift idea for baby showers, childbirth, a christening and so on for family and godparents
- The easy application allows a wide scope of design and provides you with a timeless keepsake to treasure forever.
- It's simple, fast and fun. All you need is water, the kit and your child!
The molding process
- Prepare the molding paste by combining the required portion of the molding powder and water (100g powder to 1/2 cup water). It will change color once in liquid form. Mix the 2 together in a large Salad bowl or container of your choice quickly.
- Once mold paste is prepared, dip your baby's hand or foot into the paste. Ensure hand/foot has full skin contact and not touching the wall of mold container. Note: only do one mold at a time.
- After about 75 seconds the mold sets. You will know when as it will harden to a rubbery consistency and will lighten in color. As the mold hardens it will make it harder for the baby or child to wriggle around, so it will still get a good impression even if your little one isn't completely still. Yay!
- Remove your baby's hand/foot once the paste is completely hardened, gently wiggle hand/foot around to let air in, then gently pull out.
TIP 1: The timing is very important here in the whole process, the paste should be smooth and even, stir quickly with the ladle and work your way to the base of the mixing bowl.
TIP 2: If you do spill some paste onto carpet or your clothing, simply wait for it to dry and rub it off.
TIP 3: Having another person to assist in the process is fun and much easier!
TIP 4: When making the mold for your baby/infant up to 6 months old, it is best done while they are asleep on your arm, so there is less movement for longer period of time.
TIP 5: For a toddler, if you have one that tends to fiddle in this process, we find that good old bribing works best. You could also ask them to hold their small favorite treats like a couple of jelly beans in their other hand.
TIP 6: Instead of using plastic bag, use clear plastic cup for baby hand, and takeaway container for foot. First timers will find it much easier because of the rigid shape, and helps you focus in keeping your baby's hand/foot centered and not touching the mold wall.
The casting process
- After you have created your molds, prepare the casting paste. Mix the bag of casting stone with water (100g powder to approx 1/3 cup water - it will need to be the consistency of paint - the more concentrated the better. You may add more water by small increments if you think it is too thick). Ensure the mixture is smooth and there are no clumps.
- Pour the casting mixture into the mold, tapping the mound on a surface as you go. This is to release any air bubbles that may be caught. Once the mold is filled with the casting mixture, continue to tap the mold for another minute or 2 - you'll want your cast as bubble-free as possible!
- Let dry and harden for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Once dried, get the mold out of the container. You can now break the mold away from the cast gently with your hand.
- Inspect the casting immediately for any imperfections such as small bubbles, use tooth picks to push them off.
TIP 1: Pour slowly with small amount of casting paste at a time into the mold cavity, tilt the mold side to side to allow air bubble to escape from some tight areas.
TIP 2: Patch any leftover small bubble holes by mixing some casting paste.
The finishing touch
Let your casting sit in a well ventilated place to dry.
- Paint the casting with 2 thin coats of paint will help protect the surface and looks great too. You have gold paint in this kit.
TIP 1: The cast(s) can be displayed alone or can be mounted on a plaque or put into a display box with pictures and details of your child.
100% brand new and high quality.
Material:100% Biodegradable powder
Net Of Model Powder: 100g
Net Of Clone Powder: 100g
Safety: Non-Toxic, Non-Allergenic, 100% Biodegradable.
Application: Reproduce the hand or foot of your (god-) child three dimensionally and with accurate details.
Advantage: Preserve every precious detail, capture tiny toenails, fingernails, dimples & footprints ,even if baby wiggles.
1PC Net Of Model Powder
1PC Net Of Clone Powder